There are two entry points to the DNP Program. We offer a post-Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) entry option for those with an awarded master's degree in nursing who are already prepared in the role of the advanced practice registered nurse (APRN). We offer a post-Baccalaureate of Science in Nursing BSN entry option as well, building on the BSN degree, preparing individuals for an advanced practice role. Both options culminate with the DNP degree.
- Adult-Gerontology/Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing
- Population and Organizational Systems Leadership
The Post-BSN Option can be completed in three years of full-time study. Part-time plans are also available.
Deadline for fall admission is Feb. 15. Admission decisions are made on a competitive basis. Applications received after Feb. 15 may be considered on a space-available basis for specialties other than Primary Care Nurse Practitioner.
DNP nursing courses are Web-enhanced and require attendance at class meetings approximately 5 times each semester on UK's campus.