The Undergraduate Nursing Activities and Advisory Council serves as a liaison between the college’s dean and students. It provides undergraduate student input regarding college procedures, activities and evaluation. UNAAC fosters communication among administrators, faculty, staff and students and serves as a liaison with the UK Student Government Association and the College of Nursing Alumni Association. It plans and carries out student social and service activities.
UNAAC identifies and promotes resources and support systems that facilitate successful progress of undergraduates through the baccalaureate program. It reviews and makes recommendations to the College of Nursing administration regarding course and faculty evaluation procedures, proposed appointment and tenure of faculty members, national/international activities, and undergraduate student problems and concerns. UNAAC also conducts all undergraduate student class officer election processes.
- To foster communication among administrators, faculty, staff and students through such things as student publications
- To serve as a liaison among undergraduate students, faculty, staff and the Student Government Association (SGA).
- To plan and implement undergraduate student activities
- To review and make recommendations regarding:
- Evaluation procedures for undergraduate courses and teaching
- Proposed appointment and promotion of faculty members in accordance with University Administrative Regulations
- Programs of the college that relate to undergraduate students, with suggestions to the College of Nursing administration for involvement in national and international programs and opportunities to meet with visitors from other cultures and backgrounds
- Undergraduate student problems, concerns, and appropriate actions
- To identify and promote resources and support systems which will facilitate all undergraduate students' successful completion of the baccalaureate program
- To provide opportunities for involvement in community service
- To promote links among all College of Nursing organizations to foster better communication and cohesiveness
- To conduct and oversee all undergraduate student class officer election processes
Membership includes five voluntary representatives from both the first‐ and second‐semester sophomore classes. Junior and senior class officers from each semester are elected in the semester preceding the year of service.
One additional representative from each of the junior and senior classes is elected in the semester preceding year of service
Other representatives include an RN representative, the UKSNA president, the College of Nursing senator to SGA, the associate dean for undergraduate studies, an advisor from the teaching staff chosen by the executive committee in the fall, and the director of alumni affairs.
If you have questions, call (859) 323-8397or email Paula Kral at email@example.com.