The Graduate Nursing Activities and Advisor Committee (GNAAC) exist to act as a liaison between students and administration, faculty and staff:
- Foster communication
- Make recommendations to the dean regarding:
- Student conduct, problems and concerns, via hearing committee
- Evaluation of courses, programs and teaching
- Proposed appointment and promotion of faculty members
- Evaluation of graduate student body activities
GNAAC also plans and implements programs of interest for graduate nursing students, such as:
- Scholarship opportunities
- Support systems
- Community service
- University Graduate Student Congress representation (additional information on the UK Graduate Student Congress can be found here )
All graduate students enrolled in the College of Nursing are members of GNAAC. The GNAAC Executive Board is elected by the graduate student body. Officers are elected from the Executive Board, by the Executive Board.
Anyone interested in participating with GNAAC should feel free to contact any of the current members, faculty advisor or student affairs officer.