Purpose: To provide information on how the appropriate application of
up-to-date knowledge and treatment methods can improve the quality of life for those who suffer from pain
- Be knowledgeable of effective methods of pain treatment.
- Be knowledgeable of statutory requirements for prescribing controlled substances.
- Evaluate the patient.
- Develop a treatment plan with informed consent.
- Keep accurate and complete records.
- Distinguish between Schedule I and Schedule II medications.
- Describe medications under control.
- Differentiate between addiction, physical dependence, and substance abuse.
Target audience: Health care providers
KBN Number: 3-0008-7-05-105
Contact Hours: 5.0 KBN and 4.2 ANCC
Faculty: Sharon E. Lock, PhD, APRN, Louann Hart, MSN, APRN, and Heath R. Jennings, PharmD, BCPS
Disclosures: Sharon E. Lock, PhD, APRN, Louann Hart, MSN, APRN, and Heath R. Jennings, Pharm.D,, BCPS, have nothing to disclose.
Requirement for Credit: Participants must complete the content online, take the post-test and evaluation, and then print their certificate of completion.
Expiration Date: December 31, 2012
Contact: (859) 323-3851